The location of Crooked Creek Community with gently winding roads and green rolling hills makes a vivid statement without speaking a single word. Dedication to maintaining this setting is a hallmark of Crooked Creek property owners. Once inside the community, you will see what a private haven it is with its own park and lake with a resident flock of geese.
Our community was chartered in 1968 to operate, in accordance with its Bylaws and North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 55A as a non-profit corporation with perpetual duration. In addition, portions of Chapter 47F, North Carolina Planned Community Act, apply to our community.
The Association owns and maintains the 15.8-acre lake & park open areas. The 127-acre golf course open area, which is also an integral part of the 323-acre subdivision, is privately owned and maintained, but open to the public.
Some of Crooked Creek’s assets include:
- Restrictive Covenants
- Our single entry and egress off Kanuga Road offers endless advantages without fee attachments
- Neighborhood is under 24 hour video surveillance
- Our Board of Directors devotes a level of energy that preserves our years of history from erosion and directs our future.
- Most of our roads are maintained by NCDOT (NC Dept of Transportation) without fee attachment
- Our booklet, “A Focus on Our Community” is a pictorial essay, unique and informative
- Ideal location in every aspect of convenience
- In the center of Crooked Creek Community is a 10-acre Lake and a 5-acre Park owned by each resident, for us to enjoy. Picnics, play in the park & lake fishing abound.
- Interlacing our community park, lake and residential areas is a fine 18-hole Golf Course destined to remain forever as such with no mandatory membership requirement
The entrance to the Crooked Creek Community is from Kanuga Road. Use this Google Map to find your way to us and to see how close we actually are to shopping and other conveniences.